The X16 crossbow from Gearhead Archery is an astonishing 5.25lb (w/o accessories) making the X16 the worlds lightest crossbow, and in fact, lighter than most compound bows, simply unbelievable! The engineers at Gearhead Archery were set on a mission to make the strongest, most accurate, innovative, and lightest crossbow ever built from the ground up. Gearhead Archery sought to design a crossbow with the same performance as our T18 series compound bows. We wanted a crossbow that could discredit the deception that crossbow performance are unlike bows. The simple fact is the X16 is identical pound for pound of pull and power stroke as the T18 bow which has demonstrated it can take down most anything. The X16 is fully machined billet aluminum weighing only 5.25 pounds and is designed to last a lifetime. Gearhead Archery designed the ultimate crossbow, with the look and feel of a traditional crossbow, but the weight and pound for pound performance of a compound bow, the X16 is born.
Rethinking Tradition Innovations:
1) Patent Pending IFU or index feather up technology alleviates power cable wear by flipping the arrow index feather up and drastically reducing the vanes clearance needed increasing speed and accuracy. Traditionally all other crossbows place index feather down with a rear arrow hold down, requiring the power cables to be pulled down significantly creating cable wear, cam lean, diminished accuracy, and reduced performance.
2) Patent Pending PSP parallel stock plate technology, the stock on the X16 is 90% air and the rest is carbon fiber plates spaced apart and tapered at the attachment point of the bow to create an extremely accurate and lightweight stock platform. The stock and riser have integrated vibration sound suppression free floating between and within the stock making the X16 the quietest crossbow ever.
3) The accuracy of the X16 is unmatched by using a standard nocked arrow that is simultaneously guided with a forward whisker biscuit and an arrow barrel guide the X16 delivers rifle like performance.
4) The X16 has the same power stroke as our T18 series bows and shoots standard arrows with available poundage's of 75, 90 and 125 pound. At 125lbs the X16 delivers arrows at speeds of 350 fps.
5) The X16 does not require a foot stirrup to cock or a rope cocker and simply put is a joy to shoot. This crossbow can be cocked in a tree stand, blind, or sitting down with ease. A rope cocker slot and foot stirrup are provided and cocking the X16 is effortless enough for most anyone to cock.
6) The X16 uses a fully machined billet trigger with dual sealed bearing for precise movement and an adjustable creep and pull.
7) The X16 is a fully machined crossbow with wood inlay grips and built like a finely crafted rifle.
Specifications• Overall Length: 35" ATA cocked/uncocked: 15"/18.5"
• Power stroke: 16"
• Weight Carbon: 4.25 lb without accessories
• Weight Aluminum: 5.25lb without accessories
• Accessories: Rail and Sling Mounts
• Speeds: Up to 350 fps at 125lbs
• Trigger Latch: Anti-drive fire and bearing trigger
• Pound Pull: 75,90 and 125lb
• Dampening: Sound dampening riser and stock
• Black oxide coated stainless steel hardware
• Dual plate quasi-isotropic fiber sheet with twenty six layers of cross pattern weave shoot thru riser
• Two track cam system licensed under US patent 7,997,259
• Additional patents pending
* All specs approximate ** Weight shown without accessories
New for 2017.
Patent pending standard sound dampening protective limb covering. Diamond pattern to match bow